The refund policy is designed to facilitate an understanding of the refund policies set forth in the Amendments to Education Law Section 5002 passed in July 1990 and in compliance with the Minimum Standard and Criteria set by Georgia NPEC in 2015. UNDERWOOD approved final regulations defining an instructional semester.
Withdrawing From All Classes
If a student withdraws from all classes after the first day of the semester, he/she is entitled to a partial tuition refund depending on the percentage of the semester that has passed since the first day of the semester.
Things to be Considered for a Refund
- A student who cancels before the beginning of the semester or at the first day of the semester receives all monies paid with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee.
- Thereafter, a student will be liable for (1) the non-refundable registration fee plus, (2) the cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted plus, and (3) tuition liability as of the student’s last date of withdrawal from the university. Total tuition liability is limited to the semester during which the student withdrew or was terminated in addition to any completed prior terms.
- To be eligible for a refund, written notification of withdrawal must be submitted to the Office of Business Affairs.
- In addition to the stated policy herein, Underwood University will review student’s extenuating circumstances such as student’s injury, prolonged illness or death, or other circumstances which prohibit completion of the course or program of study and at its sole discretion grant Tuition Refund beyond the amount prescribed in this Section.
- There are no refunds for late charges, administrative charges, any scholarships, or late fees.
Tuition Refund Schedule
The amount of Tuition Refund is determined by a pro-rata basis up to 50 % completion of the semester days to the student’s withdrawal date or the last date of attendance by the student, whichever is later.
- If the student withdraws after completing 50% of the program, no Tuition Refund shall be given.
- This Tuition Refund policy applies to full withdrawals only; no partial withdrawals will be applicable to Tuition Refunds.
- Underwood University shall pay the Refund within thirty days of the date of withdrawal.