UU’s refund policy is designed to be compliant with the policies set forth in the Amendments to Education Law Section 5002 of July 1990, and with the current GNPEC Minimum Standards and Criteria.
Refunds for Withdrawal from All Classes
If a student withdraws from all classes after the first day of the semester, he/she is entitled to a partial tuition refund depending on the percentage of the semester that has passed since the first day of the semester.
Refund Approval Contingencies
A student who withdraws before the beginning of a semester or upon the first day of the semester will receive a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee. After the start of a semester, a student who withdraws from UU will be liable for
- Registration fee
- The cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted by the student
- Tuition liability as of the student’s date of withdrawal from the university. Total tuition liability is limited to the semester during which the student withdrew or was terminated, in addition to any completed prior terms.
- Partial withdrawals are not eligible for tuition refunds.
- To be eligible for a refund, written notification of withdrawal must be submitted to the Office of Business Affairs.
- In addition to the policy stated here, Underwood University will, upon request, take into consideration certain extenuating circumstances, such as injury, prolonged illness, death, or other conditions which prohibit completion of the course or program of study, and may, at its sole discretion, grant a tuition refund beyond the amount prescribed in this Section.
- There are no refunds for late charges, administrative charges, scholarships, or late fees.
Tuition Refund Schedule
The amount of the Tuition Refund is determined by a pro-rata basis up to 50 % completion of the semester days to the student’s withdrawal date or the last date of attendance by the student, whichever is later. If the student withdraws after completing 50% of the semester, no Tuition Refund shall be given. This Tuition Refund policy applies to full withdrawals only; no partial withdrawals will be subject to Tuition Refunds. Underwood University shall pay the Refund within thirty days of the date of withdrawal.